Wednesday, June 5, 2013

30 Day Shred Challenge - First three days RE-Cap

Well, I finished Day 3 of 30 day shred.  I'm shooting for 10 days in a row.

Everyone says that days two and three are the most difficult because you're sore, but I didn't exactly experience that.  I feel like the exercises are easy to follow, even if I can't do as many reps as Jillian does, but hey, I'm the farthest thing from Jillian Micahels!  Lol.

Day One: I made it through the workout, I took a few breaks to take a sip of water as my mouth gets dry when I workout because I don't know how to breath, but again, it was easy to follow and I survived.

Day Two: I woke up at 5:55 and went to it.  Getting up that early was NOT easy.  The workout went much as it did on day one.  And then, after I was done, and I was at work, THAT is when I was sore. I could feel it creep into my abs and my quads, which means I'm actually doing the exercises correctly.   I have to be honest, being a massage therapist, knowing what the muscles do, how they contract, and working in a chiropractic office making sure patients do their physical therapy correctly has really helped me learn how and why proper form is so important.  DON'T HURT YOURSELVES PEOPLE!  It's better to do less reps in proper form than push a ton out with improper form!

Day Three:  Not as sore today, I don't work until 2:24 so I got up, read my book, woke up, then worked out.  I could make it through some of the cardio (the butt kicks) a bit easier and through the whole 30 sec.  Push-ups are still a bitch.  I'm 211 pounds with no upper body strength, I can only lower myself a few inches, if I tried to go further, I'd break an arm and never get back up.

Now, just to control my eating a bit better.  I do feel really positive, like I'll see results, and I'm hiding the scale as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment