Saturday, June 8, 2013

30 Day Shred - DAY 6 DONE!!!!!

So I woke up this morning with a serious upset stomach which included severe stomach cramps and other nastiness.  I did my workout anyway.

And I actually made it through pretty well.  My ankle didn't hurt so bad so I was able to do the jumping jacks and butt kicks.  The only thing I didn't do was the jump rope move (you don't actually use a jump rope and I should have clarified this earlier) and the side lunge as they tend to activate the ankle.

I was able to do most things without rest, AND I did EIGHT count 'em EIGHT push ups in a row.  Granted I still can't lower myself all the way to the ground and I am on my knees, but on day one I could only do maybe two without rest.  So, SOMETHING is improving.

I felt bad for not doing all the moves, so after the workout was done, I popped in another DVD, Women's Health: The Wedding Workout and did the Arms and Abs & Core portion of it.  It's just strength training but some of it still makes me work up a sweat and I'm really tired of having weak muscles.

Nick, my lovely fiance, went running with his dad this morning.  His whole family are runners and Nick doesn't exercise anymore though in high school he was in track and did pole vault and high jump. He went running last week or the week before I think, but only the once with his dad.  He managed to run over a 5k today, and then they walked some.  It really makes me jealous that he can just up and do that after years of not working out.  It would take me months to train for a 5k I feel like, and to top that off, my knee and ankle really wouldn't allow it I don't think anyway.

What are some of your fitness goals?  I'm not talking weight, but actual fitness?  I'd love to be able to move my weights up from 3 pounds to 5 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment