Friday, June 28, 2013

Progress Report of Sorts

My ankle keeps flaring up.  Every time it feels good, I try to work out and then BAM, swollen, painful to walk on....it's pissing me off.

On the upside, I am monitoring my food intake pretty well.  Have I "cheated" yes.  Of course.  You need that IN MODERATION and only ONCE IN A WHILE.  I try to allow myself a "cheat dessert" once a week.  Yesterday it was some peanut clusters.  I still went down in weight.  :)

The big thing I've noticed is having a calendar to countdown to something (in this case, my own wedding) that I can cross off every day, mark how I FEEL I did with my food (I never put calroies, etc.  If I feel like I ate healthy I put a smiley face) and see the countdown.  I have 120 days until my wedding.  :)  And, the other benefit, is that while I do log my weight on myfitnesspal.com I mark it on my calendar every Monday and I can see a growing trend DOWNWARD.  Is it as much as I'd like?  No, but at this pace I'm set to lose about 16 pounds before my wedding and while I feel like I'm losing at a snails pace, it's really nice to see just how much I may lose if I continue this up and that there is a downward trend, and that I'm not just floating along.

And that was my problem before, I felt like I was just floating along, up and down up and down, and then I'd give up because I didn't feel like I was losing, and in reality, I probably was.  Wish I hadn't given up now, I'd be slimmer already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment