Thursday, June 6, 2013

30 Day Shred - Day 4

When the alarm went off this morning, I had second thoughts about getting up.  Then I thought to myself "are you really going to work out tonight after work?" and the answer was no.  No I was not, so I got up and did Day 4.

I was able to do the cardio a bit easier, without stopping for breaks.  I really wanted to try and push myself today but my left calf started cramping up which is super annoying.  I have weak ankles from severe foot pronation, and I recently was walking a lot so my ankles were getting pretty sore, but I kept walking.  And then I tried running for a train in Chicago, and twisted it.  It was swollen for several days and I thought pretty well healed but it does still bother me.  So it's not making some things easy, like the jump ropes or lunges.

Overall I still feel it's a good workout, and I do think I'm improving my stamina even after a few days, my upper body is still super weak but I was able to get one good knee push up.  After that I couldn't lower myself all the way down, but I'll get there.

So, I'm almost halfway with my first 10 days.  I'm excited to see if I have any physical results after the 10 Days, I've seen a lot of before and afters and some people you really can see it in, I'm just afraid that I'm so fat that you won't be able to see a difference.  I'm also afraid that if I don't see a difference, that I will give up.  I do that.  I know that over time it will change but I don't have much time, I have four and a half months to my wedding, I need to do something and do it NOW.

I AM NOT getting on that plane to Hawaii with my thighs touching the person in the next seat.  Sometimes I wish his parents wouldn't have paid for it, because I'd rather just go to Disney where I had a shorter flight, and didn't have to wear a swimsuit at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment